Friday, May 02, 2008

4:00 PST – Spokane Washington - 5/1/08

Sitting here in Spokane International Airport. Sure, we laugh when we see how small it is, but lemme tell ya, it’s a helluva lot more convenient than Sea-Tac or any major destination. Painless drop-off. Zip through security. Two tiny bars that are more than happy to server you a beer. (And give you that extra shot for a buck, if that’s how you like to fly.)

However, they do have something in common with the big boys. They love to charge you for Internet service. $3.95 for 15 minutes! Sure, you can get a whole month for $30, but jeez.

With airlines and airports getting an ass-load of awful press lately, you’d think they could pony up and give their poor, mistreated customers some free Wi-Fi. Whaddya think that’d run for an airport this small? Not a lot.

So I’ll be posting this after I get back. Fucking greedy bastards.

So, it looks like my flight will be departing on time. Thank god. See, I have a confession to make. I’ve broken one of my golden rules: “Never fly on the day of a show.” It’s just too damn scary. And trust me, it’s not like the theater has the budget for understudies. So if the flight is delayed too long – or hits the ground in a fiery blast – the show don’t go on. Cross your fingers, Crustodio. You’re gonna be extra tense for the next hour and a half.

However, it should be noted that I am sticking to one of my other golden rules: Never drink before a show. And I can’t begin to tell you how counter-intuitive it is for me to skip that thirst-quenching part of the ritual. You leave work to fly home = you have a beer or two at the airport. It’s the way of the world, and yet I must decline.

That brew after the show tonight is gonna taste great.

Authors Note: It did

1 comment:

Pete Best said...

That would have been too much for me to handle. You got balls, my friend.