Thursday, January 10, 2008

Girls Rock!

Here's the trailer for Girls Rock!, a new documentary about Portland's Rock 'n' Roll Camp for Girls. I've heard many good things about this camp over the years, and lobbied my sister to send her oldest daughter there one summer, but it never happened.

I love the idea of this camp, young girls really do need a boost to get into the mindset that they can play in a band. I was lucky enough to play with women in 4 different bands. The only difference between playing with women instead of men is that there is less public farting in the practice space - and that is a good thing. And I'm not talking about having the token cute chick bass player, these ladies were singing and writing and playing lead guitar. At the time, I never gave it a second thought, but I realized later that it was extremely ballsy (so to speak) of them to even be in a band. So kudos, ladies...


Thanks to PopCandy for the tip.

No comments: