Monday, May 21, 2007

Defending Starbucks

I usually do. Defend Starbucks, that is. I freelanced for their creative department over a summer once and they were good people.

And to hear folks in the Northwest bitch about Starbucks becoming too large simply makes me laugh. You live up here. There are Starbucks dollars in your pocket right now you dipshit. Besides, if it weren't for them, you'd still be drinking Maxwell House you sanctimonious piece of crap. Seriously, you think you'd have your little corner coffee shop if Starbucks hadn't taught us all to hate Mrs. Olsen and her bullshit coffee?

Get over yourself.

But now, maybe, they've gone too far. Starbucks in Jackson Square? Neaux!!!!!

1 comment:

Pete Best said...

I'm looking forward to your next post when you once again defend Chief Wahoo...

But, really, this whole Starbucks thing is just boring. Who the fuck really cares? If you don't like it, don't go there. It's that simple. Protest with your purse/wallet.

I personally avoid Starbucks, because I'd rather support a local business. And in Portland almost every coffee shop is better than Starbucks. But there have been many times when I've been out in the hinterlands and just prayed for a Starbucks somewhere so I could get a decent cup of coffee. When your only coffee option is the Kwik Stop, that over familiar sign is a blessing...

So, I'm glad it exists out there, and when I see one in town I just ignore it like I ignore power lines. Look out your window right now and just see how many powerlines and telephone poles are in your view that you normally just blot out. It's kinda weird, really.