Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Woody Allen interviews Billy Graham


Strange to think that I now admire Billy more than Woody. OK, that's not really true, but Billy has managed to be a Christian leader without spewing the usual hateful vitriol, so I can respect him to a good degree. On the other hand, Woody went and fucked his step-daughter and repulsively made out with actresses way too young and hot for him. And his movies really have stunk for many years - which is probably the bigger crime for me:). So, I've sort of lost my love of Woody. Even though I almost see every one of his films. Match Point was pretty good - but man, Scarlett Johansson cannot act. But that's another post....

Yet the Wood-man was absolutely a joy to behold in his 70's heyday, as this clip attests. His incredible appearance at the post-9/11 Oscars was a brief reminder of what he used to be able to do...

No comments: