Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Monty Python, Eddie Izzard, Ricky Gervais and... Jay-Z?

I love this. At Glastonbury, hip hop superstar Jay-Z struck back in excellent fashion at Oasis's Noel Gallagher, after he proclaimed that “Glastonbury has the tradition of guitar music. I'm not having hip-hop at Glastonbury. It's wrong." 


Instead of starting up a typical hip hop feud, Jay-Z engaged his very British sense of humor by opening his set with Oasis's hit "Wonderwall".

“That’s my sense of humour. I have a sense of humour like a Brit so I thought people would appreciate that. Noel Gallagher was one of the biggest detractors so I figured that was a cool way to start the show.”

More here.

His version is crap, but I love the gesture. And it's great to see the entire crowd sing the song back at him.



You know, the whole Oasis/Bluir feud of the 90's would have been a lot more interesting if they had indulged in some gansta-style drive-bys and beatdowns...

No comments: