Thursday, September 06, 2007

Money, honey

I like to think I have some integrity left, but tax refunds turn me into a big money slut. Sure, I know that Oregon's kicker policy is a bad idea, that we could use that surplus money for social services and so on. But the refunds to individual taxpayers are expected to total more than $1 billion this year. Holy crap! Go ahead and put your taxes paid amount in this kicker calculator and tell me you aren't psyched when you see the amount you're getting back. That's some serious cash - and due to arrive on December 15th. Now I can get that diamond-encrusted case for my iPhone that I've been wanting....

Sorry, Crustodio - I guess you Washingtonians will have gruel for Christmas supper again this year...

3 comments:

Crustodio said...

Yeah, let me add up what I spent on state income tax the last 20 years.

$0.00

Pete Best said...

Ok, not bad. I wonder how that compares to the amount I've spent on sales tax in the last 12 years:

$0.00

Crustodio said...

Point well made. But I do like taxing consumption, not income. Regardless, the state gets their take. And we get taken.