Monday, September 10, 2007

Obamarama

We went to see Barack Obama speak on Friday night. I was really looking forward to this, because I am feel very open to being inspired. I was thinking the entire time: "Barack, inspire me".

Sadly, he delivered a 30 minute Standard Stump Speech™. While there where moments where he really pulled me in, the whole thing felt canned. Not to mention, the venue really blew - the Oregon Convention Center. Horrible concrete bunker vibe. There was a decent crowd of around 4300 people. Probably could have been more if they had promoted it more. Not like Portland is all that important in the long run. By the time we get to vote, the nomination will pretty much be settled.

In any case, I bet he had a lot more fun on Saturday, partying at Oprah's Neverland Ranch....

Oprah's place: "A masseuse in a Zen garden. A big pool. Fantastic desserts. P.I.N.K. Vodka."

Oregon Convention Center: Concrete floors, walls, ceilings. Tofu dogs. Bearded people in Birkenstocks and Columbia Sportwear fleece. Vitamin Water.

With all that said, he is still my guy. I sincerely hope he trounces Hilary.

Note: in the photo, Barack is the speck standing in the center of the flag.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not sure why you have to go callin' somebody a "speck" at the end of an otherwise pleasant blog post, you worthless mote.

Pete Best said...

Sorry, I meant to type "spick".