Monday, November 19, 2007

Silverwomen

Cool story on Sarah Silverman, written by her sister - a rabbi living on a kibbutz in Israel. The part about Sarah's speech at her daughter's Bat Mitzvah is priceless. Also, I love this:

"When all four sisters are together, we lie on our mother's bed, with our mother, Beth Ann O'Hara, and stepmother, Janice Silverman, and talk and laugh. The fathers (Donald and our step-father, John) wander in and out, impatient for us to come into the living room with them and the grandchildren (my kids), but we want girl time. We want to laugh in the way we only laugh with each other. Now my older daughters, Aliza and Hallel, pile on as well. It makes us all happy that a third generation is growing to laugh with us."

I've laughed a lot, with a lot of different people, but there's nothing better than a moment of family hilarity. I'll never forget the time my mom reduced my sister and I to tears as she tried to demonstrate the Wechselschritt, some German dance move barely remembered from her youth.

Thanks, PopCandy.

No comments: