Wednesday, June 06, 2007

I love this movie


A special DVD edition of Fantastic Voyage is now available. Great fun facts here, if this movie chaged your life at age eight.

My mom had an old brooch that somewhat resembled the Proteus, and I would play with it for hours, imagining the miniturized sub was cruising through my backyard in Ohio*. The guy who thought of puting a little observation bubble at the top - a freakin' genius!

Thanks, Pop Candy.

*I didn't, as a habit, play with jewelry as a child. This wa a one-time thing, I swear.

2 comments:

Joe Janes said...

I loved that movie. Donald Pleasance is such a douchebag in it, that I can't buy him in any other acting role. "Oh, it's that douchebag."

Pete Best said...

Yeah, any role he's in, you always feel he's evil or a traitor. I just saw him in Escape From New York (which oddly, I had never seen before) and it was very difficult to believe him as the President. I mean, the President couldn't be a villian, right...?