Thursday, July 26, 2007

Kinksy trailer


The trailer for the new Wes Anderson flick, The Darjeeling Limited, features 2 tracks from the Kinks album Lola Vs Powerman and the Moneygoround. This just struck me - boy, does that album have a bad cover.

I don't know about you guys, but I have loved everything Wes Anderson has done. Part of it may be his impecccable musical taste. The soundtracks of Rushmore, The Royal Tennenbaums and The Life Aquatic (love those Bowie covers) are chock full of great 60's/70's baroque pop moments. Using Ooh La La as the final song in Rushmore is a classic moment. I didn't realize till recently that this Face's song was sung by (current Rolling Stone) Ron Wood.

Anyway, while using old obscure Kinks songs for the trailer is a typical move, it looks like he's breaking new ground in this flick. Great line: "I love you too, but I'm going to mace you in the face." I can't wait....

No comments: