Friday, August 24, 2007

Edgefield confirms that they do not intend to serve "prison food".

A follow- up on my Wilco concert/burrito review. An email from McMenamin's HQ:

"Hi Peter

Thank you for your feedback, we fully appreciate any and all customer comments. As I am sure you are aware, this is our first full year of hosts these concerts and we are continuing to reassess all aspects of our venue and we are still very much in the evolutionary process.

But to be very honest with you Peter, your comments about the food quality in the venue are the first we have received hrough our first eight shows. Regarding our pricing, we feel we pretty competitive in that area based on concession pricing that other larger concert venues in our area charge. But we will certainly take your perspective into account when we recap with our food and beverage department at the end of the year and begin planning for next year, as it is never our intention to serve "prison food or cardboard" to our patrons. Again thank you for attending the show and for taking the time to send us our feedback.

Cheers,
Jeff XXXX
Edgefield Property Manager
"

I am strangely honored that I am the first person to complain! Me, of all the tens of thousands of people that have gone to shows there this summer! Mom always told me that I was special. I am the ONLY ONE who cares about the quality of their burritos. Or, maybe I'm wrong. Maybe it's my taste buds that are faulty. Perhaps we could have a burrito taste-off. The Edgefield could bring on of their burritos that 10,000 people reportedly enjoy, and I will bring one from one of the rat carts outside my office building and we can compare.

P.S. I should mention that I really don't know what prison food tastes like. I used that phrase becasue the Edgefield is located next to an actual prison, and I was afraid that they used the same caterers.

P.P.S. The picture above does not display the actual burrito.

No comments: