Friday, August 24, 2007

mumblecore

Joe Swanberg, one of our former co-workers here at place of employment has become an icon of this new indie film movement. Front page of the Sunday New York Times Arts section? Dude, you are golden. Maybe now your parents will forgive you for masturbating on camera. Not on a camera, to clarify - actually it was in the shower.

I think that may be one of the true signs of a real artist - to do things in public that would just kill your parents. That is, of course, if you like your parents.

The true sign of someone who is not an artist is doing horrible things in public in hopes of getting back at parents you hate. These people are known as strippers and Republicans.

For the record, I like my parents and would really hate to upset them. That's why they don't know about this blog.

(I can't swear to this, but that may be the most italics I have ever used in one post...)

No comments: